Who is Here?
Users online as of 5 minutes ago:
Members Guests Spiders Total
0 0 0
Guests

Spiders

Forum Index -> Discussions and Resources (Public) -> Legalities (Public)
 Topic: Membership Registration Agreement  
Author Original Topic Post
WordTickler

a published author

About WordTickler

Subject:  Membership Registration Agreement
Date:  Jun 25, 2007 10:04:30 am
 QuillTally: 

The WordTickler Libraries
Membership Registration Agreement

My name is Kerry Rogers. I am the owner of this web site and its forums, The WordTickler Libraries (henceforth referred to as WTL). I, along with other people that assist me, maintain and moderate this site. I, and these other administrators and moderators, will henceforth be referred to as the "administrator(s)". You, as a registered user of WTL, will be referred to as a "member".

It is my requirement that you be at least eighteen (18) years of age to use this web site and/or its forums as a member. While I (and my administrators) will make every effort to evaluate posted content (removing it when compelled to do so), it is impossible for us to review and read every post. Because of this, there are specific things that you must understand, acknowledge and/or agree to before you will be allowed to become and/or remain a member of this web site and its forums.

Specifically:

1. You agree that you are 18 years of age or older.

2. You acknowledge that any post made to these forums expresses the view and/or opinion of the author, alone. This means you agree that only the author is liable for the creation, exhibition and/or existence of the post--no one else.

3. You understand that WTL has both a Public and Private side to its presentation of posted material to the Internet. You agree to separate any material you post into the proper area, be it Public or Private, as defined below.

4. You understand that Public Forums, Public Blogs, and Public Galleries are all viewable by anyone on the Internet, regardless of age, without any log-in, authentication or special access requirements. Therefore, you understand that any material you post to these areas must not violate any applicable laws. You understand that the burden of discovery as to the legality of anything you post rests solely upon you, along with the liability incurred when not adhering to the above mentioned laws.

5. You understand that Private Forums, Private Blogs, and Private Galleries are only viewable by members of WTL who must authenticate their access to these areas. You understand that members of WTL must be eighteen (18) years of age to access these private facilities. Therefore, you agree to properly segregate any material you post into the requisite Public or Private areas as outlined above.

6. You understand that your Internet Protocol (IP) Address is recorded whenever you post to WTL to aid in enforcing the conditions of this agreement. You agree that administrators have the right to remove, edit, move or close any topic at any time should they see fit.

7. As a member, you agree that any information you enter in the web pages of WTL may be stored in the WTL database. You understand that any information stored therein will not be released to any third party unless released by you or ordered by a court with proper jurisdiction. You further understand that, although protected against access, WTL is as susceptible as any other Internet web site (in regards to hacking attempts) and will not be held liable in the event that access to stored information is compromised.

8. This forum system uses cookies to store information on your local computer. These cookies do not contain any personally identifiable information; they serve only to improve your navigational and viewing pleasure. The e-mail address you supply is used only for confirming your registration details, sending new passwords (should you forget your current one), and board-related communications from the administrator(s) of this web site.

9. You are required to read, agree and adhere to the Terms of Use and Privacy Policy documents available on this site.

I know these requirements may sound restrictive. Though it may not be obvious, each has been carefully calculated to fit the largest number of people. It is my hope that all of this will be relatively transparent to you as a user. However, if any of these requirements overly hinder your ability to be creative, please feel free to voice your opinion. I am a relatively open-minded person and relish a good debate--as long as it doesn't reach immature levels. We all know where those levels begin. Use your best judgment. Send me a private message if you wish to voice your opinion about anything concerning The WordTickler Libraries. Just click on my name, below.

My Best,

-= WordTickler =-

Forum Index -> Discussions and Resources (Public) -> Legalities (Public)
Jump to: