Who is Here?
Users online as of 5 minutes ago:
Members Guests Spiders Total
0 0 0
Guests

Spiders

Forum Index -> Discussions and Resources (Public) -> Tricks of the Trade (Public)
 Topic: My Best Advice  
Author Original Topic Post
WordTickler

a published author

About WordTickler

Subject:  My Best Advice
Date:  Aug 29, 2007 3:46:43 pm
 QuillTally: 

When we writers reach that point that we realize we need help growing in our craft, we're often so eager to improve that we take every piece of advice as the Gospel. Don't.

I have received a great deal of bad advice over the years, implementing it into my writing and having to go through the painful discovery that it was bad advice given from someone who didn't know what they were talking about. I firmly believe that people who give bad advice actually have some good advice to give. I just have to be selective in the advice I take--a little common sense coupled with research is the key.

What kind of research? Reading. Plain and simple. Reading the words of those that were successful in their writings. By successful, I mean, appreciated by many. If you don't feel confident in your ability to discern good advice from bad advice, I urge you to turn to successful writings as your guide. Learn by example. It's a powerful source.

After all, the best writers are discovered to be avid readers.

My Best,

-= WordTickler =-

Forum Index -> Discussions and Resources (Public) -> Tricks of the Trade (Public)
Jump to: